Hi again. Here is the latest status of many local restaurants, grocery stores and other food/drink vendors. Some highlights: the restaurant section includes new info on sweet treats from Aunt LaLi’s & The Penny Ice Creamery, lots of Mexican options such as Taqueria Michoacan and other spots including Paula’s; a few farmers markets are opening 30 minutes early just for seniors; the grocery store section has new details for family-owned Del Pueblo Market; brewery info now includes Nubo; wine info now includes Vinocruz; and the “Other/Miscellaneous” section includes delivery of Hakouya products and Boardwalk-style foods.
Let’s hope all of our local businesses can stay afloat! The list is current as of the end of the day yesterday, April 18. Please understand there will be some mistakes: things are constantly changing. Also, I can’t possibly include every single business in Santa Cruz County, as this is a manual effort.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have information to share, or corrections, for future articles.
Restaurants & other food vendors
- 11th Hour Coffee: takeout, delivery and curbside available daily 8am-1pm; menu includes breakfast items. 831-331-5273, https://eleventhhourcoffee.com/
- Abbott Square Market: all restaurants are currently closed
- Akira Sushi: both locations are open Wed-Sun 12-8pm for takeout, Santa Cruz (831) 600-7093, https://www.akirasantacruz.com/, & Aptos (831) 708 2154, https://www.akiraaptos.com/
- Alderwood: UPDATED APRIL 20 takeout and delivery new hours — Tue-Sun 10am-7pm, expanded menu with freshly baked pastries, coffee, brunch cocktails, breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches until 2 p.m., pasta and steaks added to dinner options, 831-588-3238 or 831-888-6901, https://www.alderwoodsantacruz.com/
- Aloha Island Grille: takeout, 831-479-3299
- Aptos St. BBQ: takeout and delivery, http://aptosstbbq.com
- Aunt LaLi’s Mobile Café: UPDATED APRIL 20 delivery via ice cream truck, order daily by 3pm and receive between 4-7pm, menu features traditional ice cream truck treats, Marianne’s ice cream, Pacific Cookie Company cookies, Ashby Confections goodies, Hidden Fortress organic coffee, and Rogue Pyes, only serving Scotts Valley for now but Santa Cruz and Felton delivery will be added soon, https://auntlali.square.site/
- Avanti Restaurant: takeout daily 4-7:30pm, a la carte or family meals serving four, 831-427-0135, http://avantisantacruz.squarespace.com
- Back Nine Grill & Bar: takeout with curbside pickup, and delivery, daily 11am to 9pm, recently added family meals to menu, 831-226-2350, http://www.backninegrill.com/
- Bad Animal Books: Wed, Fri & Sun 4-7pm, take-out “family meals” with curbside pick up. Emergency first responders get a 50% discount. Order at http://badanimalbooks.com
- Bagelry: closed until further notice
- Barceloneta: takeout Wed-Sat 4-7pm, cocktails and wine available to go with meals, 831-900-5222, https://eatbarceloneta.square.site/
- Beach Street Pizza & Bar: takeout, curbside pickup and delivery, Mon-Th 2-8pm, Fri-Sat 12-9pm and Sun 12-7pm. Happy Hour is Mon-Fri 4-7pm for appetizers & drinks. 831-471-8530, www.beachstreetpizzaandbar.com
- Beer Thirty Pour House: Daily 11am-7pm, https://www.beerthirtysantacruz.com/
- Betty Burgers: new Aptos location, 415 Trout Gulch Road (831-612-6668) plus two other locations (41st Ave. and Seabright) are doing takeout daily 12-8pm, http://bettyburgers.com. Downtown location is closed.
- Bittersweet Bistro: BB recently turned its dining room into a “mini market” offering pantry essentials including milk, eggs, flour, pasta, produce, marinated meats, paper goods and half price bottles of wine. Hours are Wed-Sun 12-7 pm. The restaurant is serving food Wed-Sun 12-7 pm for takeout or curbside pickup, with delivery to the greater Aptos area on qualifying orders over $75, 831-662-9799, http://bittersweetbistro.com.
- Blue Bunny Tacos: closed until further notice
- Britannia Arms of Capitola: takeout with curbside pickup, daily 10:30am-8pm, place orders at (831) 464-2583, full menu and special orders available, https://www.facebook.com/britanniaarmscapitola/
- Buttercup Cakes & Farmhouse Frosting: takeout and delivery Fri-Sun 12-4pm, must place orders ahead of time via online Google Form or by emailing email@example.com, cupcakes and mini-cookies (minimum order of 6 for each category), cakes, other treats, and bouquets from Bonny Doon Flowers, https://www.farmhousefrosting.com/
- Buttery Bakery: takeout and delivery 7am-5pm, 831-458-3020, http://butterybakery.com
- Café Brasil: takeout, daily 8am-3pm, 10 percent discount on all orders, 831-429-1855, http://cafebrasil.us/
- Café El Palomar: takeout, Sun-Thu 8am-8pm, Fri-Sat 8am-8:30pm, 831-477-0371, https://www.cafeelpalomar.com/
- Café Mare: takeout/curbside and delivery (via DoorDash), 831-458-1212, http://www.cafemare.com/
- Café Sparrow: Tues-Sat 4-7pm, 831-688-6238, http://cafesparrow.com/
- Carpo’s: Daily 12-8 pm, http://carposrestaurant.com
- Central Coast Juicery: Takeout and delivery. Order by texting 831-747-7085 or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Charlie Hong Kong: Daily 12-9 pm, takeout (curbside pickup). They will cater & deliver to serve first responders, medical/hospital staff & government workers, 831-426-5664, http://charliehongkong.com (also grubhub.com, seamless.com, mobilebytes.com, doordash.com)
- Chocolate: takeout/delivery (DoorDash) daily 4-8pm, plus Sun brunch 10am-2pm (must order by midnight Sat). Menu is updated on DoorDash every day at noon, and there are daily specials. Delivery info is at https://www.doordash.com/store/chocolate-santa-cruz-284767/ & pickup info is at https://chocolatesantacruz.com/wine-list/
- Cilantro’s: daily 11 am to 7 pm, 831-761-2161, https://cilantroswatsonville.com
- Coffeetopia: Closed until further notice
- Colectivo Felix: DeliveryThu-Sat 3-6pm empanada, soup, and/or dip delivery to Santa Cruz, Live Oak, Capitola and Soquel. Small delivery fee for other areas. https://colectivofelix.square.site/ or email (email@example.com)
- Companion Bakeshop: Westside location open for takeout Tue-Sun 8 am-2 pm, Aptos location (formerly closed) now open Fri-Sun 8 am-2pm, https://companionbakeshop.com. Also offering a weekly “Bakers Box” where you order & pay in advance and pick up on Tue or Thu. Three different bakery product boxes are available along with several “add on” items (organic milk, hot sauce, etc.), https://companionbakeshop.com/shelter-box-order
- Corralitos Pizza: takeout or delivery (DoorDash) Mon-Thu 11am-9:30pm, Fri-Sun 11am-10:30pm, 831-722-7220, https://corralitospizzadelivery.com.
- Crow’s Nest: takeout with curbside pickup daily 11:30am-8pm, includes family-size meals, also Beach Market next door 9am-8pm, 831-475-4560, http://www.crowsnest-santacruz.com/
- Dharma’s: UPDATED APRIL 20 – reopening April 24, takeout/delivery 11am-7pm, 831-462-1717, www.dharmasrestaurant.com
- Dunlap Donuts: takeout, daily 5:30am-2pm, 831-475-6447, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dunlaps-Donuts/154065311271976
- Dynasty: takeout and delivery, Sun-Thu 11am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, 831-479-3388, https://www.dynastysantacruz.com
- East End Gastropub: takeout or delivery (UberEats), Tues-Sun 2-8pm, menu features pizza, burger, spaghetti, etc., plus recently started partnering with local wineries to offer rotating “dinner for two” with bottle of wine, appetizer, salad, pasta, and dessert, 831-475-8010, http://eastendpub.com
- East Side Eatery from Pleasure Pizza: takeout and delivery daily 11am-8pm, curbside pickup for online orders, 831-431-6058, http://pleasurepizzasc.com
- El Chino Mexican Restaurant: takeout, 831-476-7175
- El Chipotle: takeout, 831-477-1048
- El Jardin: takeout with curbside service, and delivery, Tues-Sun 12-8pm, 831-477-9384, https://www.eljardinrestaurant.net/
- El Pájaro CDC Commercial Kitchen Incubator: (412 E. Riverside Dr. Watsonville) Daily pop-up takeout program launched April 1 to support small food businesses (Cali Dawg, Dos Hermanos Pupuseria and more), which rotate and offer lunch and dinner. Customers place and pay for food orders ahead of time. For menus and more info, see @elpajarocdc on IG or FB. They publish weekly menus every Sat.
- El Palomar: UPDATED 4/20: takeout with curbside service, closed Mondays, open Tue-Fri 2-7:30pm, Sat 12-7pm, Sun 12-6pm, see Instagram & Facebook @elpalomarrestaurant for specials including family packages. Pacific Ave. entrance is closed– enter through Front Street entrance, adjacent to the Soquel/Front Parking Garage, 831-425-7575, http://elpalomarsantacruz.com
- El Rosal Bakery: takeout food includes tamales, daily 7am-8pm, 831-462-1308
- El Toro Bravo: takeout, Tues-Sun 12-7pm, 831-476-1553, https://www.eltorobravocapitola.com/full-menu
- Engfer Pizza Works: Tue-Sun 4-9:30pm, 831-429-1856, http://engferpizzaworks.com
- Erik’s Deli: takeout, online ordering, curbside pickup and delivery are available at four locations, hours vary: Aptos 831- 688-5656, Capitola 831-475-4646, Santa Cruz 831-462-1919, and Scotts Valley 831-438-4646, http://eriksdelicafe.com
- Farm Bakery & Café: takeout and delivery, daily 8am-4pm, 831-684-0266, https://www.thefarmbakerycafe.com/
- Foodsmith: prepared packaged food (heat at home), order by Thu night for delivery Mon and/or Thu of following week, http://myfoodsmith.com
- Full Steam Dumpling: Wed4-8pm they have ready-to-cook ramen dinner (just cook noodles), dumplings, and limited sides. Delivery or pick up on Chestnut St. behind Santa Cruz Food Lounge. Fri 12-4pm, pickup of frozen beef Gyoza, vegan Gyoza & Char Siu Bao at discounted prices. Pickup on Chestnut St. Text or call 626-549-5574
- Gabriella Café: takeout with curbside service, Tues-Sat 5-8pm, call 831-457-1677 after 4pm, website menu updated daily, http://gabriellacafe.com
- Garden Liquor & Deli: takeout Mon-Fri 7:30am-4pm, self-serve case stocked daily with fresh salads and sandwiches, 831-475-9191 or https://www.scgardendeli.com
- Golden Fu-Wah: takeout, 831-515-7508
- Golden Palace: takeout and delivery, 831-427-9275, www.goldenpalacesantacruz.com
- Golden Roots Kitchen: prepared packaged food (heat at home), order by Fri early afternoon for following week, https://linktr.ee/goldenrootskitchen
- Gayle’s Bakery: closed until further notice
- Habit Burger Grill: takeout and delivery daily 10:30am-9pm, (831) 466-9264, https://www.habitburger.com/
- Hanloh Thai: closed for a few days, online store will reopen at 12pm Sat April 25, https://hanloh.square.site/
- Hindquarter: takeout and delivery Wed-Sun 1-6 pm, 831-426-7770, https://www.thehindquarter.com/
- Holy Smokes Country BBQ: free delivery, takeout, curbside pickup, Tue-Sun, 831-471-8787 https://www.holysmokescountrybbqandcatering.com/
- Home: takeout with curbside pickup, taking phone orders after 3pm for pickup Thu-Sat 4-7pm, 831-431-6131, http://www.homesoquel.com, also offering soups/stews, pasta, and (uncooked) sausage at Downtown (Wed) and Live Oak (Sun) farmers markets
- Hula’s: closed until further notice
- Ideal Bar & Grill: takeout food plus brewed coffee and espresso drinks, daily noon-6pm. Place orders in person, at café, or at 831-423-5271. Only two guests at a time are allowed in Ideal for pickup. http://www.idealbarandgrill
India Joze: takeout Tues-Sat 5-8pm, 831-325-3633, http://Indiajoze.com/order/eat
- Jack O’Neill Restaurant at the Dream Inn: Takeout family breakfast Saturday-Sunday 8-11am and family dinner daily 5-7:30pm; each serves 4-6 people, see menu at https://www.jackoneillrestaurant.com/. Gift cards: if you buy a gift card of $100 or more, and are one of the first 50 customers, you receive a complimentary breakfast voucher for a later date. Call 831-460-5012.
- Jeffery’s Restaurant: daily 7am-5pm (sometimes later than 5), 831-425-1485
- Johnny’s Harborside: temporarily closed, may not reopen until June
- Kaito: takeout Tue-Sun 4-9pm, free delivery Tue-Thu 4-8pm (limited delivery area), 831-464-2586, https://www.smilekaito.com
- KFC: takeout, (831) 476-1170
- Kickin’ Chicken: takeout & delivery Wed-Fri 6-11pm & Sat-Sun 4-9pm, currently located at the Food Lounge (serving out of the backdoor on Chestnut St.). http://kickinchickensc.com
- Kianti’s: takeout with curbside pickup, or delivery, Sun-Thu 11am-9pm & Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, 831-469-4400, https://www.kiantis.com/
- La Posta: Effective April 7, they changed their offerings, reducing days and selections. It’s important to pre-order; they do sell out. From 3-6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, they are offering pick-up of fresh sourdough bread loaves, bottles of wine, and three pasta options (ready to warm at home, with “easy to follow directions”). Visit lapostarestaurant.com for menu. Call or email orders and they will confirm: 831-457-2782, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lago di Como Ristorante & Pizzeria: Changed hours effective April 6 – now open daily (except Tue) 4:30-8:30pm, takeout/delivery including free delivery on orders of $75+ to limited areas from 4:30-7:30pm, menu includes family-size options and they also offer deli case up front for “quick grab and go foods to warm/cook at home,” http://lagodicomoristorante.com
- Laili: takeout/delivery, daily 11:30am-8pm, 831-423-4545 http://lailirestaurant.com
- Lillian’s Italian Kitchen: takeout with curbside pickup, Tuesday-Sunday 4-8pm, full menu as well as family lasagna trays and specials (order meat or veggie family lasagna a day ahead), 831-425-2288, http://lilliansitaliankitchen.com
- Linda’s Sea Breeze: takeout, daily 8am-1pm, cash (ATM available) or check, 831-427-9713, https://www.restaurantji.com/ca/santa-cruz/lindas-seabreeze-caf-/
- Loard’s Ice Cream: takeout Mon-Thu 2-8pm, Fri-Sat 12-9pm & Sun 12-7pm, next door to Beach Street Pizza & Bar, 831-471-8530.
- Lupulo Craft Beer House: takeout and delivery, daily 12-8pm, food plus beer, 831-454-8306, http://lupulosc.com
- Manuel’s: takeout, 831–688–4848, http://manuelsrestaurant.com
- Marianne’s Ice Cream: takeout, both locations (1020 Ocean St. and 218 State Park Drive) plus ice cream delivery to cities from Santa Cruz to Aptos. Customers go online to order quarts and novelties by 6pm and need to be home between 6-8:30pm to receive delivery, http://mariannesicecream.com
- Mattia Pizza: delivery daily 3-7 pm, place order by texting 669-236-9182 or via Instagram (@mattiapizza04) or email (email@example.com). Delivery is free if you buy three or more pizzas.
- May’s Sushi: takeout or DoorDash delivery, daily 12-8pm, 831-427-0201, https://mayssushibarandgrill.weebly.com
- Maya’s Mexican Restaurant: takeout, 831-438-7004,https://www.mayasv.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
- Mentone: takeout from David Kinch’s new restaurant (174 Aptos Village Way) Call 831-708-1174 to pre-order from 11 am until sell-out. Rotating selections including pizza, salad, cocktails, and wine for Wed-Sun pickup (4pm onward), http://mentonerestaurant.com
- Mission Hill Creamery: takeout w/curbside pickup Tues-Sat 2-9 pm & Sun 2-7pm, selections include ice cream, fresh bread, chicken pot pies, and a recently added sundae kit ($39.95, you get two pints of ice cream, hot fudge or caramel, and five toppings from a list of 12), delivery via GrubHub, DoorDash, and UberEats, http://missionhillcreamery.com
- Mission Street BBQ: takeout, 831-458-2222, (heavily discounted first responder meals) https://www.missionstbbq.com
- Miyako: closed until at least May 3, https://miyakocapitola.com
- Monster Pot: takeout and delivery, 831-454-8140, takeout is via monsterpostsc.com, delivery is via DoorDash and others
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza: takeout and delivery, Portola Dr. location (locally owned), daily 11am-9pm, 831-477-7760, https://www.mountainmikespizza.com/
- Naka Sushi: takeout and delivery, offering 20% discount, Tue-Sun 5:30-8:30 pm, http://nakasushi.org
- Nick the Greek: takeout/delivery, 831-431-6313, http://nickthegreeksj.com/locations, and they’re giving out one roll of toilet paper per family per visit
- Olive Garden: takeout and delivery,831-462-0120, https://www.olivegarden.com/order-togo
- Oswald: closed until further notice, gift certificates available online, oswaldrestaurant.com
- Otoro Sushi: takeout or delivery (free for Scotts Valley residents), Sun-Thurs 11am-8pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9pm, free roll of toilet paper with $50 orders and $75 orders also get free hand sanitizer, 831-440-9040, https://www.facebook.com/OtoroSushiScottsValley/
- Pacific Cookie Company: takeout with curbside pickup, 831-429-6905, https://www.pacificcookie.com/
- Palm Deli: takeout or delivery (DoorDash), daily 7am-2pm, 831-688-3354; ordering in person is okay but phone orders are preferred for safety/limiting time people spend in the deli. They will add in any drinks, chips, grocery items, to the “ready-to-eat food orders” – including Glaum eggs since they are the owners of Glaum Egg Ranch down the road (which is also still open). See https://www.thepalmdeli.com/ and https://glaumeggranch.com/
- Panda Express: takeout and delivery, pandaexpress.com
- Panda Inn: takeout (Deer Park Shopping Center), 831-688-8620, or delivery via DoorDash
- Parish Publick House: takeout, including cocktails to go, both locations, Santa Cruz 831-421-0507, Aptos 831-708-2036, http://theparishpublick.com
- Pasatiempo Golf Course: MacKenzie Bar & Grill is closed until further notice; Hollins House UPDATED APRIL 20 Takeout and Grab & Grill proteins are available for day-of ordering before 1:30pm and pick-up Mon-Sat from 3-7pm and Sun from 2-5pm. They are also doing “Grocery Bags” which rotate weekly (two choices, $30 each, one might include things like pasta, flour, yeast, eggs, butter, and paper goods like toilet paper, while the other has produce). These must be ordered by 3pm one day in advance and are available for pick-up on Tue, Thu & Sat 3-7pm. Pre-order by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 831-459-9177, https://www.thehollinshouse.com/covid-19/.
- Paula’s: takeout, daily 8am-12pm, 831-464-0741
- Penny Ice Creamery: takeout, daily 1-8 p.m. (downtown) and Sat-Sun 1-8 p.m. (Pleasure Point), they recently added a sundae kit ($16, you get one pint of ice cream, chocolate sauce, organic whipped cream, and a couple other toppings), order at ice cream shop or online, https://www.thepennyicecreamery.com
- Persephone: takeout menu available Thu-Sun, menu items rotate, see https://www.toasttab.com/potter/v3 and order by 11am for same-day orders
- Picnic Basket: takeout and delivery, daily 9am-3pm daily, you can add an ice cream pint to your order from sister business The Penny Ice Creamery, http://thepicnicbasketsc.com
- Pixie Deli: 831-688-1115, https://www.pixiegoodeats.com/
- Pino Alto Restaurant at Cabrillo College: closed until further notice
- Pizza My Heart takeout and/or curbside pickup and delivery, various locations open, https://www.pizzamyheart.com
- Pleasure Pizza: takeout/delivery at downtown location, 831-600-7859, http://pleasurepizzasc.com/downtown/menus, takeout (no delivery) at Pleasure Point location, daily 11am-9pm, 831- 475-4002, https://www.pleasurepizzasc.com/pleasure-point/menus/
- Point Chophouse: takeout with curbside pickup, Tues-Sun 3-7pm, bottles of wine 30% off (must purchase food too), cocktails to go are also available, 831-476-2733, http://www.thepointchophouse.com/
- Pono Hawaiian Grill: downtown location closed for the foreseeable future
- Pono Hawaiian Kitchen & Tap: takeout, or delivery via DoorDash, Sun-Thu 12-7:30pm & Fri-Sat 12-8pm, 831-476-7458, menu at http://ponohawaiiangrill.com (not all items are available at Capitola location; customers can ask when they call)
- Pretty Good Advice: takeout Tue-Sat 11am-7pm, 831-226-2805, https://prettygoodadvicesoquel.com/
- Real Thai Kitchen: takeout Mon-Fri 11am-2pm & 5-9pm, Sat-Sun 12-9pm, 831-427-2559, http://realthaisantacruz.com
- Red Apple Café: takeout, daily 8am-3pm, 831-685-1224, https://www.redappleaptos.com
- Redwood Pizza: (Felton) closed for the foreseeable future, http://www.redwoodpizza.com
- Riva Fish House: limited takeout menu, plus beer and wine, daily 12-6pm, order takeout at 831-429-1223, in person at the restaurant, or https://www.rivafishhouse.com
- Robbie’s Sandwiches: takeout and delivery, daily 10 am-3 pm,(831) 515-7411
- Rosie McCann’s: closed until further notice https://rosiemccanns.com/santacruz
- Sabieng Thai: takeout daily 3-8 pm, 831-425-1020, https://www.sabiengthaicuisine.com
- Sala Thai: takeout and delivery (GrubHub), daily 11:30am-3pm & 5-9pm, 831-426-1214, http://salathaisantacruz.com
- Salsa’s: window service only, 831-465-1105
- Samba Rock Acai Café: takeout, hours vary, 831-458-2224
- San Marcos Charquito Tacos y Tortas: takeout,831-888-6697
- Sawasdee & Sawasdee By The Sea: takeout at the original Soquel spot (5050 Soquel Dr.) & second location (101 Main St., Santa Cruz), daily from 11am. They take their last phone orders at 8:45pm weekdays and 915pm weekends. Soquel: 831-462-5051, http://sawasdeesoquel.com, & Santa Cruz: 831-466-9009, sawasdeebythesea.com
- Scopazzi’s: takeout Wed-Sun 12-7 pm, takeout menu includes food (cheeseburgers, spaghetti with meatballs, etc.), cocktails and wine, 831-338-6441, http://www.scopazzisrestaurant.com/
- Seabright Deli: takeout (walkup window or curbside service) or delivery via DoorDash, daily 11 am-7pm, 831-515-7484, https://seabrightdeli.com/
- Shadowbrook: closed until at least May 1, gift cards available by phone 831-475-1511 or online, https://www.shadowbrook-capitola.com/
- Showtime Pizzeria: takeout (pizza, wings, ravioli, lasagna & more), 831-662-3362,http://showtimepizzeria.com/
- Shun Feng: takeout, plus delivery from 5-8:30pm, online ordering https://www.shunfengsantacruz.com/ or by phone 831-423-3688 or 831-423-9888
- Slice Project Pizza: takeout through side window, Thurs-Sat 4-9 pm (last order at 8:30pm), 831-319-4581, 300 Main St. Watsonville, http://sliceprojectpizza.com
- Soif: Effective April 5, food service stopped (formerly doing takeout) but wine continues: Wine shop staff are available by phone to take orders for bottles of wine, opening approximately once a week for people to do curbside pickup for pre-ordered and pre-paid wine. Contact 831-423-2020 or info@SoifWine.com.
- South Point Coffee Bar & Tap Room: coffee bar open daily 7am-12pm, limited bar menu Thurs-Sun 4-8pm, 831-661-1402, https://www.southpointseascape.com/
- Star Bene: takeout 5-8 p.m. daily, 831-479-4307, www.star-bene.com
- Steamer Lane Supply: takeout, curbside pickup available upon request, 9am-6:30pm, full menu plus specials, grab and go foods, take and heat carnitas taco kits for 2. Call in orders, 831-316-5240, or come in person for “touchless socially distanced transactions,” http://steamerlanesc.com/menucom
- Surf City Sandwich: takeout or delivery, daily 10:30am-3pm, 831-346-6952, http://surfcitysandwich.com
- Sushi Garden: take-out at Aptos, Capitola and Watsonville locations (open on various days), Scotts Valley location currently closed, http://sushi-garden.com
- Taqueria Los Gordos: daily 9am-7:30pm except Sun when hours may vary, call 831-688-0911 or see IG @Losgordosaptos
- Taqueria La Cabana: daily 9am-8pm, 831-425-7261
- Taqueria Santa Cruz: takeout, both locations, http://www.taqsc.com
- Taqueria Tepeque: takeout, Brown Ranch Marketplace (same Capitola complex as Trader Joe’s), 831-462-2758, https://taqueriatepeque355.wixsite.com/tepeque
- Taqueria Michoacan: takeout, open Mon-Sat 10am-8:30pm, 831-465-8290, delivery through DoorDash
- Togos: takeout with curbside pickup, and delivery, six locations covering Capitola, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Watsonville, hours vary,https://www.togos.com
- Tony & Alba’s: takeout with curbside pickup, or delivery, Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz stores, offering 50% off regular prices (employees volunteered to work for free to keep restaurants open, so owner decided to give back to community). Call 831-439-9999 (SV) or 831-425-8669 (SC, open 3-8pm), http://tonyandalbas.com
- Tortilla Flats: takeout with curbside pickup, Wed-Sun starting at nooncall 831-476-1754 to place order; pick up 4-8pm, https://www.tortillaflatstogo.com/
- Tramonti: takeout and delivery, 11:30am-9pm, full restaurant menu plus grab-n-go items to heat up at home, 831-426-7248, http://www.tramontisantacruz.com
- Ugly Mug: takeout (drinks and coffee beans), 7am-1pm daily except Sun, order at 831-477-1341 or https://the-ugly-mug-109327.square.site
- Upper Crust: takeout and delivery, 831-423-9010 (Mission St. location), and 831-476-2333 (Soquel Dr. location), https://uppercrustsc.com/
- Vasili’s: takeout, daily 12-730pm, plus delivery via DoorDash, 831-458-9808, http://vasilisgreekrestaurant.com
- Village Host Pizzeria: takeout and delivery, daily 11am-9pm, Aptos (831-685-8646) and Capitola (831-464-8455) https://villagehost.com
- Vim Dining & Desserts: main restaurant is closed but owner/chef Jesikah Stolaroff is doing take-out and delivery of “celebration cakes and desserts” including brownies and cookies, on a sliding scale. They are also selling bottles of wine. Email email@example.com.
- Wasabi Sushi: takeout, offering free miso soup, Brown Ranch Marketplace (same Capitola complex as Trader Joe’s), 831-515-7455, https://www.instagram.com/wasabicapitola/
- Woodstock Pizza: takeout and delivery, 831-427-4444, https://woodstockscruz.com, also they’ve partnered with The Salvation Army to provide pizzas to the hungry, doubling every donation a person makes. A $25 donation will provide pizza for up to 10 people, see https://bit.ly/2UuhOXJ
- Zameen: Effective April 7, all locations are closed (previously, they re-opened Aptos location on March 26 for take-out food)
- Zoccoli’s Deli: takeout with curbside pickup option, Mon-Sat 9am-5pm, 831-423-1711, http://zoccolis.com
Get info for more downtown SC restaurants, & downtown SC food/drink venues, at https://downtownsantacruz.com/downtown-delivered. See menus for some restaurants at the Instagram account @whatsopensantacruz & the site http://whatsopensantacruz.com—they also have some info on other services that are open (I’m not affiliated with these–just sharing resources).
Note: Several local stores offer delivery service for a fee through InstaCart. These include Costco, Lucky, New Leaf, Nob Hill, Safeway, and Target. Visit https://www.instacart.com
- Aptos Natural Foods has reduced hours of 10 am to 7 pm with senior hours of 8-10 am (65 years and up, and 10 percent discount during this time), effective April 20 face masks are required for customers, aptosnaturalfoods.com
- Black Point Market: open with groceries and ready-to-eat food, 831-713-5842, https://www.facebook.com/blackpointmarket/
- Costco: Effective April 8, Costco has a new priority policy for healthcare workers & first responders. During all open hours, Costco members who are healthcare workers and first responders (such as police officers, EMTs and firefighters) will be allowed to move to the front of any line to enter the warehouse. Effective March 30, hours were reduced (closing earlier): 10 am-6:30 pm weekdays, 9:30 am-6 pm Saturdays, 10 am to 6 pm Sunday. Seniors and vulnerable customers can shop Tues through Thurs 8-9 am—note, “official (published) hours to non-seniors” don’t start until 10 am weekdays, but unofficially, on Tuesdays Wednesdays and Thursdays Costco is letting non-seniors in right after the senior hour ends at 9. Updated gas station hours are 7:30 am-7 pm weekdays, 7:30 am-6:30 weekends, 831-469-0961, https://www.costco.com/
- Del Pueblo Market: this small, family-owned market has a butcher counter, some grocery products, and some dairy and fresh produce (behind Jeffrey’s near Soquel/Capitola Rd), open daily 5 am-5:30pm, 831-425-1829, https://www.facebook.com/delpueblomkt
- Deluxe Foods: open for business, see deluxefoodsofaptos.com
- Food Bin & The Herb Room: open 8 am to 8 pm, call 831-423-5526 (Food Bin) or 831-429-8108 (Herb Room) or visit https://www.foodbinherbroom.com
- Grocery Outlet: hoursare8 am to 9 pm daily, https://groceryoutlet.com/store-locator
- Lucky: General hours are 6 am-10 pm daily except from 6-9 am Tuesday and Thursday: these areexclusive hoursfor seniors and guests with compromised health; 831-462-6917, www.luckysupermarkets.com
- New Leaf Community Markets: reduced hours 9 am to 8 pm daily, 8-9 am is for pregnant, senior, and immune-compromised individuals. Extended senior discount (formerly Wednesday, now daily). There are now temporary store capacity limits and new waitlist technology that gives customers the option to join a waitlist queue via text with their mobile phone upon arrival at the store. New Leaf asks that families elect one member to do the shopping whenever possible and to limit store visits to 30 minutes or less to help minimize potential wait times, https://www.newleaf.com/stay-healthy
- Nob Hill: open, visit raleys.com/stores/nob-hill-foods-bay-capitola-california
- Safeway: reduced hours & senior early morning hours on certain days depending on location, on April 13 they announced the Felton & Scotts Valley stores were adding Sunday morning to their senior hours, https://www.safeway.com/
- Shopper’s Corner: as of early April, they changed hours: now 8-10 am for seniors and those at high risk, and 10 am – 7 pm for the general public, http://www.shopperscorner.com
- Staff of Life: reduced hours 9 am-8 pm, seniors 60 & older can shop at 8 am from Monday-Friday, beginning April 20 you must wear a face mask or covering to enter the store, online shopping with pickup/delivery is coming soon, https://www.staffoflifemarket.com
- Target: reduced hours at stores including Capitola & Watsonville (8 am-9 pm), the 8-9 am slot on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is for vulnerable populations only (65 and older, those with underlying health concerns, and pregnant women), https://www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores
- Trader Joe’s: both Santa Cruz and Capitola locations are open with reduced hours: 9 am to 7 pm daily plus an early shopping hour from 8-9 am for seniors and disabled, https://www.traderjoes.com/
- Whole Foods: reduced hours 9 am-8 pm, seniors 60 & older can shop at 8 am https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores
The Wednesday Downtown, Saturday Westside SC and Sunday Live Oak markets from Santa Cruz Community Farmers Markets are currently open. They recently added a Senior Shopping period. This is 30 minutes prior to the market’s opening time, so it is from 12:30-1pm for the Downtown Market and 8:30-9am for the Westside and Live Oak markets.
The markets are following strict safety guidelines. I went to the Live Oak market April 12 (my first time at a farmers market since the pandemic) and was pleased with all the 6-foot markers (tape on ground, etc.), and masks/gloves on various vendors. Read more athttp://www.santacruzfarmersmarket.org/sc-community-farmers-markets-and-covid-19.
Also, El Pájaro CDC Commercial Kitchen Incubator Program hosts weekly booths at the Westside and Live Oak farmers’ markets. Upcoming vendor appearances are My Mom’s Mole at Westside April 25, and Cali Dawg at Live Oak April 26.
The Saturday Aptos/Cabrillo College market, also open with regular hours, is utilizing safety measures such as hand sanitizer and hand washing stations. Farmers and vendors are wearing gloves. Keep up to date via their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MBFarmersMarket/.
- Discretion Brewing: online ordering (toasttab.com/discretion-brewing) and parking lot pick up from 11am-4pm daily
- Humble Sea Brewing Co.: takeout, daily 12-6 pm, humblesea.com.
- New Bohemia Brewing Co.: online ordering for pickup (10 beers available as four-packs), delivery, or shipping, https://www.nubobrew.com/
- Sante Adairius takeout, daily 12-6 pm, rusticales.com.
Wineries & Wine Bar
- Alfaro Family Vineyards has curbside pick up at the winery by appointment, and on Saturdays between 1-3 p.m. For mail orders, they offer discount shipping ($2 per bottle) and select discounts on purchases over $250. Visit alfarowine.com or call 831-728-5172.
- Integrity Wines is offering in-home wine tasting with winemaker Mark Hoover. The next date is April 19. Cost is $30 for one person or $45 for two and includes tasting kits that are shipped to your home or picked up at the winery (135 Aviation Way) plus a Zoom video link to watch and interact with Hoover. Visit integrity.wine/Buy-Wines/Winemaker-Led-Tastings. Also, Integrity has a “Survival Wine Pack” for $159. Visit www.integrity.wine.
- Pelican Ranch Winery will offer delivery in Santa Cruz County to those who buy three or more items from the current (as of 4/19) wine menu. Call or text Phil (831-332-5359) with selections from the following: 1) 2018 Chardonnay Unoaked ($15); 2) 2018 Zinfandel Rose TWO bottles ($30); 3) 2015 Pinot Noir Babcock ($45); 4) 2016 Pinotage ($26); & 5) 2016 Zinfandel($22)
- Silver Mountain Vineyards is holding Saturday hours (12-3pm) for both its tasting rooms, Santa Cruz and Los Gatos, to buy and pick up wine. Also, they are extending the “Irish Green Sale” for five wines including 2015 Chardonnay, Tondré, and 2011 Pinot Noir, Tondré. Call (408) 353-2278 or visit http://www.silvermtn.com.
- VinoCruz UPDATED APRIL 20: They are adding takeout food options including: Cheese & Charcuterie plates, Red Pepper Hummus w/ Pita, Olives, Toasted Nuts, Take & Bake Flatbread Pizzas and Flourless Chocolate Torte for dessert. Call ahead to order. Open 3-6 pm Tues, and Thurs-Sat. Order wine ahead for curbside pickup, or order at the store in person. They are offering discounts on select bottles, 831-426-8466, https://vinocruz.com/
- Wrights Station Vineyard & Winery has complimentary shipping with any 2 bottle or more purchase, and 25% off any four bottles or more. Pick up can be arranged at the winery by appointment, 408-560-9343, wrightsstation.com
Local vendors offering fresh fish for delivery include H&H Fresh Fish and Ocean2Table.
- H&H’s weekly subscription program: choose between one or two meals and pause subscriptions when you need to. See hhfreshfish.com/community-supported-fishery. They have a retail shop at 493 Lake Ave. (below Johnny’s Harborside).
- Ocean2Table: order seafood to be delivered as frequently or rarely as you choose. They recently expanded so that people can add limited amounts of local vendors’ eggs, chicken, and produce to their fish delivery. See getocean2table.com.
- Blossom’s Farmstore and Coffeeshop, 2904 Freedom Blvd. (Watsonville/Corralitos), has reduced its hours to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday (closed Mondays). Products include fresh, organic veggies and fruit from their own and other local farms; Dirty Girl Tomato sauce; fresh bread, seasonal homemade soups, salads and frittatas; Kombucha; coffee, and organic and biodynamically grown tea. They also carry immune system boosting herbal supplements and probiotics/ferments, essential oil sprays and salves (antibacterial and anti viral), and respiratory system healing tonics (all made from Blossom’s Farm herbs), 831-319-4048 or facebook.com/blossomsfarmstorecorralitos.
- Deke’s Market on 7th Ave., with In Mah Belly Deli, is open. Contact 831-476-5897 or dekesmarket.com
- EatLocal.Farm is a recently launched online marketplace for local goods, and offers pickups and deliveries every Wednesday. Customers buy seasonal produce and items from farms and vendors like Aptos Farm, Borba Family Farms, Fogline Farm, New Natives Nursery, and Wild Poppies Olive Oil. Visit https://eatlocal.farm/.
- Hakouya, makers of my favorite salad dressing (probiotic miso dressing, it’s good on salad, as a sauce for fish and more, dip for veggies, etc.) is now offering free, local delivery of their products if you buy at least $30 worth. That miso dressing comes in two sizes: 11-ounce for $12, 8-ounce for $9. They sell handmade miso paste (red, white, barley, 250 grams) for $15 each, quick miso soup base for $15, and double fermented organic Soy Sauce Koji for $12. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order; see Hakouya.com to learn about products and browse recipes.
- Love Cultivated has several Spring Collection gift boxes including one with homemade jams and marmalades (others contain soaps, etc.) If you buy one in April or May, they will donate a gift bag to a heroic community member (essential workers who put themselves at risk to help—medical workers, custodians, postal carriers, grocery store workers, and delivery drivers—they are taking nominees if you know someone). As always, they are donating 5% of sales (not just gift box proceeds) to the Center for Farmworker Families. Visit www.love-cultivated.com. Interested in supporting Center for Farmworker Families? They are doing a fundraising drive for grocery gift cards for farmworkers as the regular April supply distribution was cancelled. Donate at farmworkerfamily.org/donate.
- Mutari Chocolate is open for delivery and pickup Wednesday-Sunday noon to 7 pm; visit mutarichocolate.com and check their Instagram @mutarichocolate for promotions/discounts
- Santa Cruz Fun Foods (on Instagram @santacruzfunfoods) recently started delivery of amusement park treats. Treats are delivered by Grubhub and DoorDash, and made by Whiting’s Foods (they’ve been doing Boardwalk food concessions for many years). Selections include churros, kettle corn, chocolate dipped frozen bananas, Dippin’ Dots and cotton candy. See www.santacruzfunfoods.com.
- Sushi Market Sprouts: open 12-6pm Tues-Sat, they carry prepared packaged sushi (same family that runs Kaito Restaurant) & a few Japanese groceries & housewares, also refrigerated miso dressing from Hakouya, https://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-market-sprouts-santa-cruz
- Toque Blanche: store hours are 11am-6pm daily. They are offering curbside pickup at our Santa Cruz store, and shipping to customers with flat rate $9.99 shipping for orders over $50, or free shipping for over $99, (831) 426-1351, https://www.mytoque.com/pages/toque-blanche-and-the-coronavirus
- The Vitamin Center in Capitola is taking phone orders and offering curbside pickup. Call 831-462-4697 after 10 am daily except Sunday.
Follow me on: