Here is the current status of many local restaurants, grocery stores and other food/drink vendors, as of the end of the day May 18.
Sad news: downtown Santa Cruz’s Pono Hawaiian Grill, which first opened in 2011 and was closed for the last couple months due to shelter in place, will not reopen. It was very challenging to cover rent and utilities, etc. at two locations. The Capitola branch, Pono Hawaiian Kitchen & Tap (which opened in 2019 & has a variety of beer) will remain open. Pono fans are invited to support this still-open location.
Some of the items in this article with new or updated listings: Café Cruz, Colectivo Felix, Dharma’s, and Union Foodie Truck; a few restaurant re-openings like The Bagelry, Bantam, Sotola Bar & Grill, Walnut Avenue Café, and Zameen, and a food vendor selling burger boxes at farmers’ markets (see Farmers Markets section to read about Belly Goat Craft Burgers, which opened in Abbott Square Market earlier this year but has been temporarily closed due to the pandemic).
Please understand there might be some mistakes, as things are constantly changing. Note that I can’t include every Santa Cruz County business, as this is a manual effort.
Please email email@example.com if you have information to share, or corrections, for future articles.
Restaurants & other food vendors
- 11th Hour Coffee: takeout, delivery and curbside available daily 8am-2pm; menu includes breakfast items. 831-331-5273, https://eleventhhourcoffee.com/
- Abbott Square Market: restaurants are currently closed
- Akira Sushi: both locations are open Wed-Sun 12-8pm for takeout, Santa Cruz, 831-600-7093, https://www.akirasantacruz.com/, & Aptos, 831-708 2154, https://www.akiraaptos.com/
- Alderwood: takeout and delivery, Tue-Sun 10am-7pm, menu features freshly baked pastries, coffee, brunch cocktails, breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches until 2 p.m., plus burgers, pasta, and steaks, 831-588-3238 or 831-888-6901, https://www.alderwoodsantacruz.com/
- Aloha Island Grille: takeout, 831-479-3299
- Ambrosia India Bistro: takeout and delivery, both locations open, Aptos: Mon-Thurs 4:30-8:30, Fri 11am-9pm, Sat-Sun 4:30-9pm, 831-713-2762, http://ambrosiaib.com/aptos/, Scotts Valley daily 4:30-8:30pm, 831-713-5594, http://ambrosiaib.com/scotts-valley/
- Aptos St. BBQ: takeout and delivery, http://aptosstbbq.com
- Ashby Confections: takeout with curbside pickup, chocolates and other treats available, Tues-Sat 11am-3pm, order by calling 831-454-8299, texting 831-234-1171, or going online at ashbyconfections.com (products can be shipped as well). Ashby is also at two local farmers’ markets each week: Wednesday downtown & Sunday Live Oak.
- Aunt LaLi’s Mobile Café: delivery, order daily by 3pm and receive between 3-7pm, daily Scotts Valley deliveries plus Santa Cruz (Mon & Wed) and Felton (Tues & Thurs). Menu features traditional ice cream truck treats, Marianne’s ice cream, Pacific Cookie Company cookies, Ashby Confections goodies, Hidden Fortress organic coffee, and Rogue Pyes, https://auntlali.square.site/
- Avanti Restaurant: takeout daily 4-7:30pm, a la carte or family meals serving four, 831-427-0135, http://avantisantacruz.squarespace.com
- Back Nine Grill & Bar: takeout with curbside pickup, and delivery, daily 11am to 9pm, recently added family meals to menu, 831-226-2350, http://www.backninegrill.com/
- Bad Animal Books: Wed, Fri & Sun 4-7pm, take-out “family meals” with curbside pickup (emergency first responders get a 50% discount), also now offering pantry items including toilet paper, flour, sugar, butter, coffee, charcuterie, jam, and salad dressing, 831-900-5031, http://badanimalbooks.com
- Bagelry: downtown Santa Cruz location (320 Cedar St., 429-8049) reopened Fri 5/15; midtown (1636 Seabright Ave., 425-8550) & Soquel (4763 Soquel Dr., 462-9888) reopening Fri 5/22. Takeout hours for all: 8am-2pm
- Bangkok West: takeout, Mon-Fri 11am-2:30pm & 5-9pm (can call to order from 4:30-8:30pm), Sat-Sun 11am-9pm (order by 8:30pm), 831-479-8297, http://bangkokwest.com/
- Bantam: takeout Mon-Fri 4-8pm, reopened May 18, includes wood-fired pizza, family-style fried-chicken dinners, plus a self-described “physical mercantile” onsite with house-made breads and focaccia, pickles, and preserves, can order online or at restaurant, 831-420-0101, http://www.bantam1010.com
- Barceloneta: takeout Wed-Sat 4-7pm, cocktails and wine available to go with meals, 831-900-5222, https://eatbarceloneta.square.site/
- Beach Street Pizza & Bar: takeout, curbside pickup and delivery, Mon-Thurs 2-8pm, Fri-Sat 12-9pm and Sun 12-7pm. Happy Hour is Mon-Fri 4-7pm for appetizers & drinks. 831-471-8530, www.beachstreetpizzaandbar.com
- Beer Thirty Pour House: Daily 11am-7pm, https://www.beerthirtysantacruz.com/
- Betty Burgers: newest Aptos location, 415 Trout Gulch Road. 831-612-6668 plus two other locations (41st Ave. and Seabright) are doing takeout daily 12-8pm, http://bettyburgers.com. Downtown location is closed.
- Bittersweet Bistro: BB has turned its dining room into a “mini market” with pantry essentials including milk, eggs, flour, pasta, produce, marinated meats, paper goods and half price bottles of wine. Hours are Wed-Sun 12-7 pm. The restaurant is serving food Wed-Sun 12-7 pm for takeout or curbside pickup, with delivery to the greater Aptos area on qualifying orders over $75, 831-662-9799, http://bittersweetbistro.com.
- Blue Bunny Tacos: closed until further notice
- Britannia Arms of Capitola: takeout with curbside pickup, daily 10:30am-8pm, place orders at 831-464-2583, full menu and special orders available, https://www.facebook.com/britanniaarmscapitola/
- Bruno’s Bar and Grill: takeout with curbside pickup (plus delivery for Scotts Valley residents), Wed-Sun 2-8pm, https://www.brunosbarandgrill.com
- Buttercup Cakes & Farmhouse Frosting: takeout and delivery Fri-Sun 12-4pm, must place orders ahead of time via online Google Form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, cupcakes and mini-cookies (minimum order of 6 for each category), cakes, other treats, and bouquets from Bonny Doon Flowers, https://www.farmhousefrosting.com/
- Buttery Bakery: takeout and delivery 7am-5pm, 831-458-3020, http://butterybakery.com
- Café Brasil: takeout, daily 8am-3pm, 10 percent discount on all orders, 831-429-1855, http://cafebrasil.us/
- Café Cruz: takeout, recently expanded hours of daily 12-8pm, expanded menu with many choices plus kids’ menu, and wide selection of groceries (items by the pound like sugar, flour, polenta, tomatoes, skirt steak, and bacon; and selections priced by the item like half-gallon of milk, roll of toilet paper, etc.),831-476-3801, http://cafecruz.com
- Café El Palomar: takeout, Sun-Thu 8am-8pm, Fri-Sat 8am-8:30pm, 831-477-0371, https://www.cafeelpalomar.com/
- Café Iveta: takeout and delivery, 9am-2pm, 831-713-5946, https://iveta.com
- Café Mare: takeout/curbside and delivery (via DoorDash), 831-458-1212, http://www.cafemare.com/
- Café Sparrow: Tues-Sat 4-7pm, 831-688-6238, http://cafesparrow.com/
- Carpo’s: takeout, 12-8 pm daily, http://carposrestaurant.com
- Casa Nostra: takeout, daily 4-9pm, 831-609-6132, www.ristorantecasanostra.com
- Casa Rositas: takeout, Tues-Sat 11am-8pm, Sun 3-8pm, 831-346-6907
- Central Coast Juicery: Takeout and delivery. Order by texting 831-747-7085 or emailing (email@example.com)
- Charlie Hong Kong: takeout (curbside pickup), daily 12-9pm, they will cater & deliver to serve first responders, medical/hospital staff & government workers, 831-426-5664, http://charliehongkong.com (also grubhub.com, seamless.com, mobilebytes.com, doordash.com)
- Chocolate: takeout/delivery (DoorDash) Tues-Sun 4-8pm (no longer doing Sunday brunch). Pickup info is https://chocolatesantacruz.com/picnic/, need to email order by 4pm for that night or call 831-427-9900 after 4. Delivery info is at https://www.doordash.com/store/chocolate-santa-cruz-284767/
- Cilantro’s: takeout, daily 11am to 7pm, 831-761-2161, https://cilantroswatsonville.com
- Coffeetopia: takeout, reopened Mission St. location May 1, and Capitola Rd & Portola locations May 8, all locations open daily 7am-1pm, http://www.coffeetopia.com
- Colectivo Felix: DeliveryFri-Sat 2-6pm empanada delivery to Santa Cruz, Live Oak, Capitola and Soquel; expanded menu now includes salads, desserts, produce boxes, and more. Small delivery fee for other areas. https://colectivofelix.square.site/ or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Companion Bakeshop: Westside location open for takeout Tue-Sun 8am-2 pm, Aptos location open Fri-Sun 8am-2pm, https://companionbakeshop.com. Also offering a weekly “Bakers Box” where you order & pay in advance and pick up on Tue or Thu. Three different bakery product boxes are available along with several “add on” items (organic milk, hot sauce, etc.), https://companionbakeshop.com/shelter-box-order
- Corralitos Pizza: takeout or delivery (DoorDash) Mon-Thu 11am-9:30pm, Fri-Sun 11am-10:30pm, 831-722-7220, https://corralitospizzadelivery.com.
- Cowboy Bar and Grill: takeout, Wed-Fri 2-8pm, Sat-Sun 12-8pm, 831-335-2330, https://www.feltoncowboy.com
- Cremer House: closed until further notice, http://www.cremerhouse.com/
- Crow’s Nest: takeout with curbside pickup daily 11:30am-8pm, includes family-size meals, also Beach Market next door 9am-8pm, 831-475-4560, http://www.crowsnest-santacruz.com/
- Dharma’s: takeout or delivery (DoorDash), daily 11am-7pm, recently added family-sized trays of American Saute and Bo Thai, 831-462-1717, www.dharmasrestaurant.com, online ordering at https://dharmasrestaurant.square.site
- Dunlap Donuts: takeout, daily 5:30am-2pm, 831-475-6447, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dunlaps-Donuts/154065311271976
- Dynasty: takeout and delivery, Sun-Thu 11am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, 831-479-3388, https://www.dynastysantacruz.com
- East End Gastropub: takeout or delivery (UberEats), Tues-Sun 2-8pm, menu features pizza, burger, spaghetti, etc., plus occasional “dinner for two” with bottle of wine, appetizer, salad, pasta, and dessert, 831-475-8010, http://eastendpub.com
- East Side Eatery from Pleasure Pizza: takeout and delivery daily 11am-8pm, curbside pickup for online orders, 831-431-6058, http://pleasurepizzasc.com
- El Chino Mexican Restaurant: takeout, 831-476-7175
- El Chipotle: takeout, 831-477-1048
- El Jardin: takeout with curbside option, and delivery, Tues-Sun 12-8pm, 831-477-9384, https://www.eljardinrestaurant.net/
- El Pájaro CDC Commercial Kitchen Incubator: (412 E. Riverside Dr. Watsonville) Daily pop-up takeout program launched April 1 to support small food businesses (Cuevas Express Foods, My Mom’s Mole, and more), which rotate and offer lunch and dinner. Customers place and pay for food orders ahead of time. For menus and more info, see @elpajarocdc on IG or FB. They publish weekly menus every Sat.
- El Palomar: takeout with curbside service, open Tue-Fri 2-7:30pm, Sat 12-7pm, Sun 12-6pm, see Instagram & Facebook @elpalomarrestaurant for specials including family packages. Pacific Ave. entrance is closed– enter through Front Street entrance, adjacent to the Soquel/Front Parking Garage, 831-425-7575, http://elpalomarsantacruz.com
- El Rosal Bakery: takeout food includes tamales, daily 7:30am-8pm, 831-462-1308
- El Toro Bravo: takeout, Tues-Sun 12-7pm, 831-476-1553,https://www.eltorobravocapitola.com/full-menu
- Ella’s at the Airport: takeout with curbside pickup, Tues-Sun noon-7pm, 831-728-3282, menu includes family-size meals, https://www.ellasinwatsonville.com
- Empire Grille: takeout with curbside pickup, daily 11am-8pm, 831-704-2130, http://empire-grille.com/
- Engfer Pizza Works: Tue-Sun 4-9:30pm, 831-429-1856, http://engferpizzaworks.com
- Erik’s Deli: takeout, online ordering, curbside pickup and delivery are available at four locations, hours vary: Aptos 831- 688-5656, Capitola 831-475-4646, Santa Cruz 831-462-1919, and Scotts Valley 831-438-4646, http://eriksdelicafe.com
- Farm Bakery & Café: takeout and delivery, daily 8am-4pm, 831-684-0266, https://www.thefarmbakerycafe.com/
- Foodsmith: prepared packaged food (heat at home), order by Thu night for delivery Mon and/or Thu of following week, http://myfoodsmith.com
- Full Steam Dumpling: Wed4-8pm they have ready-to-cook ramen dinner (just cook noodles), dumplings, and limited sides. Delivery or pick up on Chestnut St. behind Santa Cruz Food Lounge. Fri 12-4pm, pickup of frozen beef Gyoza, vegan Gyoza & Char Siu Bao at discounted prices. Pickup on Chestnut St. Text or call 626-549-5574
- Gabriella Café: takeout with curbside service, or delivery to Westside or Seabright with $10 fee, Tues-Sun 5-8pm, call 831-457-1677 after 4pm, website menu updated daily, wine is 30 percent off list prices, http://gabriellacafe.com
- Garden Liquor & Deli: takeout Mon-Fri 7:30am-4pm, self-serve case stocked daily with fresh salads and sandwiches, 831-475-9191 or https://www.scgardendeli.com
- Gayle’s Bakery: re-opened May 18, curbside and front door pick up, hours are 11am-5 pm daily for online, prepaid orders, 831-462-1200, https://www.gaylesbakery.com, orders placed by 11am are available for pickup 2 days later (order by 11am Mon for pickup Wed, etc.)
- Golden City: takeout, daily 11am-9pm, order by phone 831-423-0688, or in person
- Golden Fu-Wah: takeout, 831-515-7508
- Golden Palace: takeout and delivery, 831-427-9275, www.goldenpalacesantacruz.com
- Golden Roots Kitchen: prepared packaged food (heat at home), order by Fri early afternoon for following week, https://linktr.ee/goldenrootskitchen
- Gilda’s: permanently closed
- Gordo Gustavo’s Food Truck: takeout with drive-through pickup service (delivery also available), selling smoked meat by the pound, Mondays 11am-2pm at Shanty Shack Brewing. Pre-orders required; call 831-420-7396 or visit @gordo_gustavos on Instagram for details.
- Habit Burger Grill: takeout and delivery daily 10:30am-9pm, 831-466-9264, https://www.habitburger.com/
- Hanloh Thai: pre-packaged, ready-to-heat food, pick-up Monday (Sante Adairius) and Wednesday (SC Mountain Brewing); https://hanloh.square.site/
- Harbor Café: takeout (reopened May 2 with limited menu), Fri-Mon 9am-1pm, call 831-475-4948 to order, see temporary menu on Instagram @theharborcafe
- Hidden Fortress Coffee: takeout daily 7:30am-12:30pm in Watsonville, menu includes breakfast bowls/burritos, sandwiches, and coffee drinks, https://www.hiddenfortresscoffee.com/cafe-menu
- Hindquarter: takeout and delivery Wed-Sun 1-6 pm, 831-426-7770, https://www.thehindquarter.com/
- Holy Smokes Country BBQ: free delivery, takeout, curbside pickup, Tue-Sun 11:30am-730pm, 831-471-8787 https://www.holysmokescountrybbqandcatering.com/
- Home: takeout with curbside pickup, taking phone orders after 3pm for pickup Thu-Sat 4-7pm, 831-431-6131, http://www.homesoquel.com, also offering soups/stews, pasta, and (uncooked) sausage at Downtown (Wed) and Live Oak (Sun) farmers markets. Also, as of May 1 they are a “Thursday pickup spot” for Dirty Girl Produce’s CSA box (see dirtygirlproduce.com)
- Hula’s Island Grill: takeout, reopened May 1, daily 3:30-8:30pm, credit cards only/no cash, call 831-426-4852 to order, see menu at HulasTiki.com, owners invite customers to “keep calm & carry out”
- Ideal Bar & Grill: takeout food plus brewed coffee and espresso drinks, daily noon-6pm. Place orders in person, at café, or at 831-423-5271. Only two guests at a time are allowed in Ideal for pickup. http://www.idealbarandgrill
India Joze: takeout Tues-Sat 5-8pm, 831-325-3633, http://Indiajoze.com/order/eat
- I Wok Bistro: takeout, daily 11am-9pm, 831-335-3430, https://www.iwokbistro.com
- Jack O’Neill Restaurant at the Dream Inn: Takeout family breakfast Saturday-Sunday 8-11am and family dinner daily 5-7:30pm; each serves 4-6 people, see menu at https://www.jackoneillrestaurant.com/. Gift cards: if you buy a gift card of $100 or more, and are one of the first 50 customers, you receive a complimentary breakfast voucher for a later date. Call 831-460-5012.
- Java Junction: takeout, all three locations / hours vary, Seabright is daily 7am-3pm, 831-423-5282, Harbor (next to Crow’s Nest) is daily 7am-6pm, River St. is daily 7am-3:30pm http://www.javajunctioncoffee.com/Store-Locations.html
- Jeffery’s Restaurant: daily 7am-5pm (sometimes later than 5), 831-425-1485
- Johnny’s Harborside: temporarily closed, may not reopen until June
- Kaito: takeout Tue-Sun 4-9pm, free delivery Tue-Thu 4-8pm (limited delivery area), 831-464-2586, https://www.smilekaito.com
- Kianti’s: takeout with curbside pickup, or delivery, Sun-Thu 11am-9pm & Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, 831-469-4400, https://www.kiantis.com/
- Kickin’ Chicken: takeout & delivery Wed-Fri 6-11pm & Sat-Sun 4-9pm, currently located at the Food Lounge (serving out of the backdoor on Chestnut St.). http://kickinchickensc.com
- Kitchen at Discretion: takeout, ready-to-eat food is available Thurs-Mon 11:30am-5pm, three-course prix fixe menu plus a la carte items, toasttab.com/discretion-brewing
- La Posta: takeout with curbside pickup, recently expanded hours and selections, 3-7pm Fri-Sun, fresh sourdough bread loaves, bottles of wine, three pasta options (ready to warm at home, with directions), other ready-to-eat dishes, several pizzas, and dessert. Visit lapostarestaurant.com for menu. Call or email orders and they will confirm: 831-457-2782, email@example.com.
- Lago di Como Ristorante & Pizzeria: takeout/delivery including free delivery on orders of $75+ to limited areas from 4:30-7:30pm, daily (except Tues) 4:30-8:30pm, menu includes family-size options and they also offer deli case up front for “quick grab and go foods to warm/cook at home,” http://lagodicomoristorante.com
- Laili: takeout/delivery, daily 11:30am-8pm, 831-423-4545 http://lailirestaurant.com
- La Placa Family Bakery: takeout, Tues-Sun 8am-8pm, 831-609-6552, https://www.facebook.com/La-Placa-Family-Bakery-1560005784120099/
- Lillian’s Italian Kitchen: takeout with curbside pickup, free delivery via subshuttleinc.com, Tues-Sun 4-8pm, full menu as well as family-sized lasagna and eggplant parmigiana (half-trays, order a day ahead), 831-425-2288, http://lilliansitaliankitchen.com
- Linda’s Sea Breeze: takeout, daily 8am-1pm, cash (ATM available) or check, 831-427-9713, https://www.restaurantji.com/ca/santa-cruz/lindas-seabreeze-caf-/
- Little Tampico: takeout or delivery (Grubhub or DoorDash), Tues-Sun 11am-8pm, food and margaritas,831-475-4700, http://www.littletampico.com
- Loard’s Ice Cream: takeout Mon-Thu 2-8pm, Fri-Sat 12-9pm & Sun 12-7pm, next door to Beach Street Pizza & Bar, 831-471-8530.
- Lupulo Craft Beer House: takeout and delivery, daily 12-8pm, food plus beer, 831-454-8306, http://lupulosc.com
- Manuel’s: takeout, 831-688-4848, http://manuelsrestaurant.com
- Margaritaville: reopened May 8 for takeout, daily 12-7pm, full menu plus cocktails, beer and wine, 831-476-2263, margaritavillecapitola.com
- Marianne’s Ice Cream: takeout, three locations (1020 Ocean St., 218 State Park Dr., 104 Stockton Ave.) plus ice cream delivery to cities from Santa Cruz to Watsonville. Customers go online to order quarts, novelties, sundae kits, and recently added “cookie sandwich kits” by 5pm for that night’s delivery, http://mariannesicecream.com
- Mattia Pizza: delivery daily 3:30-7:30 pm, place order by texting 669-236-9182, see Instagram @mattiapizza04 for menu & details
- May’s Sushi: takeout or DoorDash delivery, daily 12-8pm, 831-427-0201, https://mayssushibarandgrill.weebly.com
- Maya’s Mexican Restaurant: takeout, 831-438-7004,https://www.mayasv.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
- Mentone: takeout from David Kinch’s new restaurant (174 Aptos Village Way), call 831-708-1174 to pre-order from 11am until sell-out. Rotating selections including pizza, salad, cocktails, and wine for Wed-Sat pickup (3:30-7pm), plus multi-course prix fixe dinner on Sundays (which can be preordered starting on Friday), http://mentonerestaurant.com
- Mission Hill Creamery: takeout w/curbside pickup Tues-Sat 2-9 pm & Sun 2-7pm, selections include ice cream, fresh bread, chicken pot pies, and a sundae kit ($39.95, you get two pints of ice cream, hot fudge or caramel, and five toppings from a list of 12), delivery via GrubHub, DoorDash, and UberEats, http://missionhillcreamery.com
- Mission Street BBQ: takeout, 831-458-2222, (heavily discounted first responder meals) https://www.missionstbbq.com
- Miyako Sushi: takeout, reopened May 1, Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm & 4:30-8:30pm, Sat 4-8:30pm, 831-462-5288, https://miyakocapitola.com
- Mobo Sushi: takeout and delivery (DoorDash), daily 5-9pm, 831-425-1700, http://mobosushirestaurant.com/
- Monster Pot: takeout and delivery, 831-454-8140, takeout is via monsterpostsc.com, delivery is via DoorDash and others
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza: takeout and delivery, Portola Dr. location (locally owned), daily 11am-9pm, 831-477-7760, https://www.mountainmikespizza.com/
- Mozaic: takeout or delivery (GrubHub, UberEats, DoorDash), 12-7:30pm daily, 831-454-8663, http://www.mozaicsantacruz.com/
- Mr. Z’s Crepes & Teas: takeout or delivery (DoorDash), 12-6pm Tues-Sun, menu includes to-go Boba Kits for making tea at home, 831-228-1588, https://mrzsteas.com/
- Naka Sushi: takeout and delivery, offering 20% discount, Tue-Sun 5:30-8:30 pm, http://nakasushi.org
- Nick the Greek: takeout/delivery, 831-431-6313, http://nickthegreeksj.com/locations, and they’re giving out one roll of toilet paper per family per visit
- Olive Garden: takeout and delivery,831-462-0120, https://www.olivegarden.com/order-togo
- Oswald: reopened May 13 for takeout, Wed-Sat 4-8pm, oswaldrestaurant.com
- Otoro Sushi: takeout or delivery (free for Scotts Valley residents), Sun-Thurs 11am-8pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9pm, free roll of toilet paper with $50 orders and $75 orders also get free hand sanitizer, 831-440-9040, https://www.facebook.com/OtoroSushiScottsValley/
- Pacific Cookie Company: takeout with curbside pickup, 831-429-6905, https://www.pacificcookie.com/
- Pacific Thai: takeout and delivery (Doorbell Dining or DoorDash), daily noon-8pm, 831-420-1700, http://www.pacificthaisantacruz.com/
- Palm Deli: takeout or delivery (DoorDash), daily 7am-2pm, 831-688-3354; ordering in person is okay but phone orders are preferred for safety/limiting time people spend in the deli. They will add in any drinks, chips, grocery items, to the “ready-to-eat food orders” – including Glaum eggs since they are the owners of Glaum Egg Ranch down the road (which is also still open). See https://www.thepalmdeli.com/ and https://glaumeggranch.com/
- Panda Express: takeout and delivery, pandaexpress.com
- Panda Inn: takeout (Deer Park Shopping Center), 831-688-8620, or delivery via DoorDash
- Parish Publick House: takeout, including cocktails to go, both locations, Santa Cruz 831-421-0507, Aptos 831-708-2036, http://theparishpublick.com
- Pasatiempo Golf Course: MacKenzie Bar & Grill is closed until further notice; Hollins House takeout and Grab & Grill proteins are available for day-of ordering before 1:30pm and pick-up Tues-Sat from 3-7pm and Sun-Mon from 12-4pm. They are also doing “Grocery Bags” which rotate weekly (two choices, $30 each, one might include things like pasta, flour, yeast, eggs, butter, and paper goods like toilet paper, while the other has produce). These must be ordered by 3pm one day in advance and are available for pick-up on Tue & Thu from 3-7pm. Pre-order by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 831-459-9177, https://www.thehollinshouse.com/covid-19/.
- Paula’s: takeout, daily 8am-12pm, 831-464-0741
- Penny Ice Creamery: takeout, daily 1-8 p.m. (downtown and Pleasure Point locations), selections include a sundae kit ($16, you get one pint of ice cream, chocolate sauce, organic whipped cream, and a couple other toppings), order at ice cream shop or online, https://www.thepennyicecreamery.com
- People’s Coffee: takeout, daily 8am-5pm, 831- 464-2739
- Persephone: takeout, lunch 11:30am-2pm Wed-Sat, dinner 3-5:30pm Thurs-Sat, order online the night before, or by phone the day of. Dinner selections include family meals (with entrée, salad, bread and cookies), 831-612-6511, https://www.persephonerestaurant.com/real-take-out-menu
- Picnic Basket: takeout and delivery, daily 9am-3pm daily, you can add an ice cream pint to your order from sister business The Penny Ice Creamery, http://thepicnicbasketsc.com
- Pixie Deli: 831-688-1115, https://www.pixiegoodeats.com/
- Pino Alto Restaurant at Cabrillo College: closed until further notice
- Pizza My Heart takeout and/or curbside pickup and delivery, various locations open, https://www.pizzamyheart.com
- Pleasure Pizza: takeout/delivery at downtown location, 831-600-7859, http://pleasurepizzasc.com/downtown/menus, takeout (no delivery) at Pleasure Point location, daily 11am-9pm, 831- 475-4002, https://www.pleasurepizzasc.com/pleasure-point/menus/
- Point Chophouse: takeout with curbside pickup, Tues-Sun 4-8pm, bottles of wine 30% off (must purchase food too), cocktails to go are also available, 831-476-2733, http://www.thepointchophouse.com/
- Pono Hawaiian Grill: downtown location permanently closed
- Pono Hawaiian Kitchen & Tap: takeout, or delivery via DoorDash, Sun-Thu 12-7:30pm & Fri-Sat 12-8pm, 831-476-7458, menu at http://ponohawaiiangrill.com (not all items are available; customers can ask when they call)
- Pretty Good Advice: temporarily closed (formerly doing takeout Tue-Sat 11am-7pm, 831-226-2805, https://prettygoodadvicesoquel.com/)
- Real Thai Kitchen: takeout Mon-Fri 11am-2pm & 5-9pm, Sat-Sun 12-9pm, 831-427-2559, http://realthaisantacruz.com
- Red Apple Café: takeout, daily 8am-3pm, 831-685-1224, https://www.redappleaptos.com
- Redwood Pizza: takeout, Thurs-Sun 4-9pm, pizza (no salads) plus draft beer in 32-ounce mason jars, 831-335-1500, http://www.redwoodpizza.com
- Ristorante Italiano: takeout, or delivery (DoorDash, UberEats), Sat-Wed 4-8:30pm, Thurs-Fri 11:30am-2pm & 4-8:30pm, 831-458-2321, https://www.ristoranteitalianosc.com/
- Riva Fish House: limited takeout menu, plus beer and wine, daily 12-7pm, order takeout at 831-429-1223, in person at the restaurant, or https://www.rivafishhouse.com
- Robbie’s Sandwiches: takeout and delivery, daily 10am-3 pm,831-515-7411
- Rosie McCann’s: closed until further notice https://rosiemccanns.com/santacruz
- Roux Dat: reopened Capitola location May 12 for takeout, or delivery via DoorDash and UberEats, hours are Tues-Sat 11am-5pm, 831-295-6372, https://rouxdatcajuncreole.com/
- Royal Taj: takeout, plus delivery through DoorDash and UberEats, daily 12-2:45pm, 5:30-9:15pm, 831-427-2666, https://www.royaltajsc.com/
- Rumblefish: takeout, daily 11:30am-2:30pm & 5-8:30pm, online ordering with contact-free pickup (you can order most of the menu online) or call in if you want something special like hand rolls, and get food at pickup window), 831-440-9240, http://www.rumblefish-sv.com
- Sabieng Thai: takeout daily 3-8 pm, 831-425-1020, https://www.sabiengthaicuisine.com
- Sala Thai: takeout and delivery (GrubHub), daily 11:30am-3pm & 5-9pm, 831-426-1214, http://salathaisantacruz.com
- Salsa’s: window service only, 831-465-1105
- Samba Rock Acai Café: takeout, hours vary, 831-458-2224
- San Marcos Charquito Tacos y Tortas: takeout,831-888-6697
- Santa Cruz Coffee Roasting Co., takeout, daily 8:30am-4:30pm, 831-459-0100, www.santacruzcoffee.com
- Saturn Café: takeout or delivery (GrubHub and UberEats), Thurs-Mon 12-8:30pm (sometimes close at 8 if it’s slow), including a “Pay What You can” special: if someone is low on funds, they can tell restaurant how much money they have (let’s say $3 or $5) and they will prepare something small & low-cost (this is an option if ordering by phone or in person), 831-429-8505, https://saturncafe.com/
- Sawasdee & Sawasdee By The Sea: takeout at the original Soquel spot (5050 Soquel Dr.) & second location (101 Main St., Santa Cruz), daily from 11am. They take their last phone orders at 8:45pm weekdays and 915pm weekends. Soquel: 831-462-5051, http://sawasdeesoquel.com, & Santa Cruz: 831-466-9009, sawasdeebythesea.com
- Scopazzi’s: takeout Wed-Sun 12-7 pm, takeout menu includes food (cheeseburgers, spaghetti with meatballs, etc.), cocktails and wine, 831-338-6441, http://www.scopazzisrestaurant.com/
- Seabright Deli: takeout (walkup window or curbside service) or delivery via DoorDash, daily 11 am-7pm, 831-515-7484, https://seabrightdeli.com/
- Shadowbrook: temporarily closed, gift cards available by phone 831-475-1511 or online, https://www.shadowbrook-capitola.com/
- Showtime Pizzeria: takeout (pizza, wings, ravioli, lasagna & more), 831-662-3362,http://showtimepizzeria.com/
- Shun Feng: takeout, plus delivery from 5-8:30pm, online ordering https://www.shunfengsantacruz.com/ or by phone 831-423-3688 or 831-423-9888
- Slice Project Pizza: takeout through side window, Thurs-Sat 4-9 pm (last order at 8:30pm), 831-319-4581, 300 Main St. Watsonville, http://sliceprojectpizza.com
- Soif: Effective April 5, food service stopped (formerly doing takeout) but wine continues: Wine shop staff are available by phone to take orders for bottles of wine. Curbside pickup for pre-ordered and pre-paid wine is now occurring every other Wednesday; the next dates are May 20 and June 3. Contact 831-423-2020 or info@SoifWine.com.
- Sotola Bar & Grill: takeout Thurs-Mon 12-8pm, reopened May 15, order by phone or online, 831-854-2800, http://www.sotolabarandgrill.com
- South Point Coffee Bar & Tap Room: coffee bar is open daily 7am-12pm, limited bar menu Thurs-Sun 4-8pm, 831-661-1402, https://www.southpointseascape.com/
- Star Bene: takeout 5-8 p.m. daily, 831-479-4307, www.star-bene.com
- Star of Siam: takeout, 831-479-0366, https://www.starofsiamsoquel.net/
- Steamer Lane Supply: takeout, curbside pickup available upon request, 9am-6:30pm, full menu plus specials, grab and go foods, take and heat carnitas taco kits for 2. Call in orders, 831-316-5240, or come in person for “touchless socially distanced transactions,” http://steamerlanesc.com/menucom
- Surf City Sandwich: takeout or delivery, daily 10:30am-3pm, 831-346-6952, http://surfcitysandwich.com
- Sushi Garden: take-out at all four locations (Aptos, Capitola, Scotts Valley and Watsonvile), http://sushi-garden.com
- Tacos Morenos: takeout, both locations, Santa Cruz location daily 11am-8pm (831-429-6095) & Capitola daily 10am-7pm, (831-464-8810)
- Taqueria Los Gordos: daily 9am-7:30pm except Sun when hours may vary, call 831-688-0911 or see IG @Losgordosaptos
- Taqueria La Cabana: daily 9am-8pm, 831-425-7261
- Taqueria Santa Cruz: takeout, both locations, http://www.taqsc.com
- Taqueria Tepeque: takeout, Brown Ranch Marketplace (same Capitola complex as Trader Joe’s), 831-462-2758, https://taqueriatepeque355.wixsite.com/tepeque
- Taqueria Michoacan: takeout, open Mon-Sat 10am-8:30pm, 831-465-8290, delivery through DoorDash
- Taqueria Vallarta: takeout, all 4 locations – Soquel (831-457-8226), 41st Ave. (831-464-7022), Mission (831-426-7240), and Felton (831-335-4264), http://taqueriavallartaonline.com/
- Togos: takeout with curbside pickup, and delivery, six locations covering Capitola, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Watsonville, hours vary,https://www.togos.com
- Tony & Alba’s: takeout with curbside pickup, or delivery, Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz stores, offering 50% off regular prices (employees volunteered to work for free to keep restaurants open, so owner decided to give back to community). Call 831-439-9999 (SV) or 831-425-8669 (SC, open 3-8pm), http://tonyandalbas.com
- Tortilla Flats: takeout with curbside pickup, Wed-Sun starting at nooncall 831-476-1754 to place order; pick up 4-8pm, https://www.tortillaflatstogo.com/
- Toya Sushi: takeout, Mon-Thurs 12-8pm, Fri-Sat 12-8:30pm, sushi, Boba tea, and slushies, 831-464-1818, old Yogurt Delite building on Mission St. (same owners who had Takara Sushi near Capitola Mall) www.toyasushi.com
- Tramonti: takeout and delivery, 11:30am-9pm, full restaurant menu plus grab-n-go items to heat up at home, 10% discount on “restaurant menu” items (not grab-n-go) when you do takeout, 831-426-7248, http://www.tramontisantacruz.com
- Ugly Mug: takeout (drinks and coffee beans), 7am-1pm daily except Sun, order at 831-477-1341 or https://the-ugly-mug-109327.square.site
- Union Foodie Truck: delivery Tues-Sat within Santa Cruz County with $4 fee for orders under $40, deadline to order is 1pm for same day delivery, menu posted weekly—selections include bagels, soup, pasta and take-and-bake hand pies and more, https://www.unionfoodietruck.com/
- Upper Crust: takeout and delivery, 831-423-9010 (Mission St. location), and 831-476-2333 (Soquel Dr. location), https://uppercrustsc.com/
- Vasili’s: takeout, daily 12-730pm, plus delivery via DoorDash, 831-458-9808, http://vasilisgreekrestaurant.com
- Verve Coffee Roasters: takeout, they recently reopened their cafes. Seabright location (Bronson St.), Pleasure Point/41st Ave., and Fair Ave. are open 7am-3pm. The Pacific Ave. branch is open 8am-4pm. The menu includes ready-to-drink coffee and tea, whole bean packages, and select grab-and-go and pantry items. Customers can order at https://instore.vervecoffee.com/, and pickup at each café’s designated window. People can also place orders in person at the pickup windows, and Verve is offering a daily free “drip quick cup of coffee” as a thank you to “dedicated frontline workers and teachers” at all of its re-opened cafes, https://www.vervecoffee.com/
- Village Host Pizzeria: takeout and delivery, daily 11am-9pm, Aptos (831-685-8646) and Capitola (831-464-8455) https://villagehost.com
- Vim Dining & Desserts: takeout, Wed-Sat nights plus brunch on Sundays. To order call 831-515-7033 between 3-7pm, see menu at https://www.vimsantacruz.com. Also, owner/chef Jesikah Stolaroff is continuing to offer “whole celebration cakes” like chocolate peanut butter torte (she has been making cakes while the main restaurant was closed). Email email@example.com to order desserts.
- Walnut Avenue Cafe: takeout with curbside pickup, daily 8am-2pm, reopened May 18, order by phone, 831-457-2804, http://www.walnutavenuecafe.com
- Wasabi Sushi: takeout, offering free miso soup, Brown Ranch Marketplace (same Capitola complex as Trader Joe’s), 831-515-7455, https://www.instagram.com/wasabicapitola/
- Windmill Café: takeout, daily 8am-1pm, 831-464-4698, https://windmillcafesantacruz.com/
- Woodstock Pizza: takeout and delivery, 831-427-4444, https://woodstockscruz.com, also they’ve partnered with The Salvation Army to give pizza to the hungry, doubling every donation a person makes. A $25 donation will provide pizza for up to 10 people, see https://bit.ly/2UuhOXJ
- Your Place-Farm to Table: takeout, 3-9pm Tues-Sun, menu includes Family Meal with house salad, choice of salmon, sand dabs, meatloaf, or chicken Parmesan, and dessert, $50; recently launched a box lunch menu Fri-Sun 11:30am-2pm, 831-426-3564, https://www.facebook.com/yourplacesc or https://yourplacesc.com/
- Zachary’s: closed during shelter-in-place, until further notice
- Zameen: takeout Thurs-Sun 12-7:30pm, re-opened Aptos (831-688-4465) and Pleasure Point (831-713-5520) locations May 14 (Watsonville will reopen this summer), order by phone or online, zameencuisine.com
- Zoccoli’s Deli: takeout with curbside pickup option, Mon-Sat 9am-5pm, 831-423-1711, http://zoccolis.com
Get info for more downtown SC restaurants, & downtown SC food/drink venues, at https://downtownsantacruz.com/downtown-delivered. See menus for some restaurants at the Instagram account @whatsopensantacruz & the site http://whatsopensantacruz.com—they also have some info on other services that are open (I’m not affiliated with these–just sharing resources).
Note: Several local stores offer delivery service for a fee through InstaCart. These include Costco, Lucky, New Leaf, Nob Hill, Safeway, and Target. Visit https://www.instacart.com.
- Aptos Natural Foods: 10am-7pm with senior hours of 8-10am (65 years and up, and 10 percent discount during this time), aptosnaturalfoods.com
- Black Point Market: open with groceries and ready-to-eat food, 831-713-5842, https://www.facebook.com/blackpointmarket/
- Costco: Effective April 8, Costco has a new priority policy for healthcare workers & first responders. During all open hours, Costco members who are healthcare workers and first responders (such as police officers, EMTs and firefighters) will be allowed to move to the front of any line to enter the warehouse. Effective March 30, hours were reduced (closing earlier): 10am-6:30pm weekdays, 9:30am-6pm Saturdays, 10am to 6pm Sunday. Seniors and vulnerable customers can shop Tues through Thurs 8-9 am—note, “official (published) hours to non-seniors” don’t start until 10am weekdays, but unofficially, on Tuesdays Wednesdays and Thursdays Costco is letting non-seniors in right after the senior hour ends at 9. Updated gas station hours are 7:30am-7pm weekdays, 7:30am-6:30pm weekends, 831-469-0961, https://www.costco.com/
- Del Pueblo Market: this small, family-owned market has a butcher counter, some grocery products, and some dairy and fresh produce (behind Jeffrey’s near Soquel/Capitola Rd), open daily 5am-5:30pm, 831-425-1829, https://www.facebook.com/delpueblomkt
- Deluxe Foods: open for business, see deluxefoodsofaptos.com
- Food Bin & The Herb Room: open 8am to 8pm, call 831-423-5526 (Food Bin) or 831-429-8108 (Herb Room) or visit https://www.foodbinherbroom.com
- Grocery Outlet: hoursare8am to 9pm daily, https://groceryoutlet.com/store-locator
- Lucky: General hours are 6am-10pm daily except from 6-9am Tuesday and Thursday: these areexclusive hoursfor seniors and guests with compromised health; 831-462-6917, www.luckysupermarkets.com
- New Leaf Community Markets: reduced hours 9am to 8pm daily for most stores, 8-9am is for pregnant, senior, and immune-compromised individuals. Extended senior discount (formerly Wednesday, now daily). Effective April 28, the Aptos location is open 10am-6pm with 10-11am the designated “Community Care Hour” for seniors and vulnerable individuals. For all stores, there are temporary store capacity limits and new waitlist technology that gives customers the option to join a waitlist queue via text with their mobile phone upon arrival at the store. New Leaf asks that families elect one member to do the shopping whenever possible and to limit store visits to 30 minutes or less to help minimize potential wait times, https://www.newleaf.com/stay-healthy. Also—as of early May: New Leaf added a grocery pickup option to three of it stores (Aptos, Westside SC & Half Moon Bay) & is adding Capitola in June. Customers can order groceries through the Instacart app, select a pickup window, drive to the store and have their groceries brought to their car. Save $10 on your first New Leaf grocery pickup or delivery order of $35 or more with code NEWLEAF2020 through June 30, 2020. Learn more at www.newleaf.com/delivery.
- Nob Hill: open, visit raleys.com/stores/nob-hill-foods-bay-capitola-california
- Safeway: reduced hours & senior early morning hours on certain days depending on location, https://www.safeway.com/
- Scotts Valley Market: open, daily 8am-9:30pm, 831-438-4324, https://www.scottsvalleymarket.com
- Seascape Foods: daily 8am-8pm, 831-685-3134, seascapefoodsaptos.com
- Shopper’s Corner: as of early April, they changed hours: now 8-10am for seniors and those at high risk, and 10am–7pm for the general public, http://www.shopperscorner.com
- Staff of Life: reduced hours 9am-8pm, seniors 60 & older can shop at 8 am from Monday-Friday, online shopping with pickup/delivery is coming soon, https://www.staffoflifemarket.com
- Target: reduced hours at stores including Capitola & Watsonville (8 am-9 pm), the 8-9 am slot on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is for vulnerable populations only (65 and older, those with underlying health concerns, and pregnant women), https://www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores
- Trader Joe’s: both Santa Cruz and Capitola locations are open with reduced hours: 9am to 7pm daily plus an early shopping hour from 8-9am for seniors and disabled, https://www.traderjoes.com/
- Whole Foods: reduced hours 9am-8 pm, seniors 60 & older can shop at 8am https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores
For the first time, the downtown Santa Cruz Wednesday farmers market is offering—as of May 6—the Market Match Program, which offers customers with CalFresh cards a dollar-for-dollar match up to $10. An example: if a CalFresh customer swipes a card for $10 they receive 10 additional dollars in tokens at no charge. A $7 swipe equals a $7 match, and a $15 swipe equals a $10 match. These can only be used to purchase fresh produce. Now Market Match is available at all five Santa Cruz Community Farmers Markets locations. In addition, May is DOUBLE MATCH month at the 3 currently open markets (downtown, Live Oak & Westside). For the duration of May, they match your first 10 EBT dollars with $2 of market match. This means a $10 EBT swipe becomes $30 ($10 EBT/$20 Match), a $7 swipe becomes $21 ($7 EBT/$14 Match), a $20 swipe becomes $40 ($20 EBT/$20 Match). Visithttp://www.santacruzfarmersmarket.org/.
The Wednesday Downtown, Saturday Westside and Sunday Live Oak marketsfrom Santa Cruz Community Farmers Markets are currently open. They recently added a Senior Shopping period. This is 30 minutes prior to the market’s opening time, so it is from 12:30-1pm for the Downtown Market and 8:30-9am for the Westside and Live Oak markets. The markets are following strict safety guidelines. Read more athttp://www.santacruzfarmersmarket.org/sc-community-farmers-markets-and-covid-19.
Beginning May 20, Belly Goat Craft Burgers is selling “burger boxes” at the weekly downtown SC, Westside SC, and Live Oak farmers markets. Made with organic ingredients and made-from-scratch sauces and sides, the boxes include local grass-fed beef, buns, condiments and seasonings. Customers will also have options to buy “chef-made relishes and savory jams, specialty cheeses and more.”
El Pájaro CDC Commercial Kitchen Incubator Program hosts weekly booths at the Westside and Live Oak farmers’ markets. Upcoming vendor appearances are Hakouya at Westside May 23, and Cali Dawg at Live Oak May 24
The Saturday Aptos/Cabrillo College market, also open with regular hours, is utilizing safety measures such as hand sanitizer and hand washing stations. Farmers and vendors are wearing gloves. Keep up to date via their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MBFarmersMarket/.
The opening dates for the two “seasonal (not year-round) markets” operated by The Santa Cruz Community Farmers Markets, Felton and Scotts Valley, have been postponed to the first week of June because of COVID-19. The Felton Market will begin June 2 and the Scotts Valley Market will open June 6.
- Discretion Brewing: online ordering (toasttab.com/discretion-brewing) and parking lot pick up from 11:30am-5pm daily
- East Cliff Brewing Co.: takeout (in person or by phone) and online ordering for pickup, open Mon-Thurs 3-7pm, Fri 1-6pm, Sat & Sun 12-6pm, 831-713-5540, https://eastcliffbrewing.shopsettings.com/
- Humble Sea Brewing Co.: takeout, daily 12-6pm, a beer was released April 24: All Together – IPA (6.5%) in collaboration with Other Half’s All Together Beer Project, a double dry hopped w/ Mosaic, Simcoe, Citra, & Cascade hops. From Humble Sea: “A worldwide collaboration brewed to support hospitality professionals struggling through the utterly insane times of COVID-19. $5 of every 4-pack goes to our furloughed staff to help them cope with the cost of living during this pandemic;” see humblesea.com to order for pickup or shipping.
- New Bohemia Brewing Co.: online ordering for pickup (10 beers available as four-packs), delivery, or shipping, https://www.nubobrew.com/
- Sante Adairius: takeout, daily 12-6pm, rusticales.com.
- Shanty Shack Brewing: beer drive-through, daily 10am-7pm, free roll of toilet paper when you spend $50, see web site for list of available cans, bottles and crowlers, 831-316-0800
- Alfaro Family Vineyards has curbside pickup at the winery by appointment, and on Saturdays between 1-3 p.m. For mail orders, they offer discount shipping ($2 per bottle) and select discounts on purchases over $250. Visit alfarowine.com or call 831-728-5172.
- Bargetto is open daily from noon-5pm. They offer a 30% discount with purchases of six or more bottles. To order or ask questions, call 888-400-9463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bottle Jack Winery has several shelter-in-place specials and is offering takeout food on Saturdays. Buy 3 or more bottles of any wine and receive a 20% discount (30% for club members) and free local deliveries in Santa Cruz and Scotts Valley. It’s also offering 4 different 6-pack specials featuring new releases of 2019 Viognier, 2018 Chardonnay, and a flight of Cabernet Sauvignon at a 33% discount for a limited time and free shipping with minimum 3-bottle purchase. The winery is partnering with Lago di Como Ristorante for advance food purchase and pickup at the Westside Tasting Room (328D Ingalls Street) on Saturdays, when it is also open for wine purchases and pickup (noon-3pm). Menu options include prepared foods like pastas and tiramisu, plus pizza kits and a la carte items. To order wines and food, go to bottlejackwines.com. Call 831-227-2288 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Integrity Wines is offering in-home wine tasting with winemaker Mark Hoover. The next session is 1-3pm May 24. Cost is $30 for one person or $50 for two. Visit https://www.integrity.wine/
- Pelican Ranch Winery offers free delivery in Santa Cruz County to those who buy three or more items (at 20% discount) from the list at pelicanranch.com. Also, they are now doing personalized virtual wine tastings for two, via Zoom or phone. Tastings include three wines ($36) or four ($48). Call or text owner/winemaker Phil Crews at 831-332-5359.
- Ser Winery has curbside pickup at the winery on Saturdays between 1-4pm and offers free shipping on orders of three or more bottles (plus a 20% discount on cases). Visit serwinery.com or call 831-901-7806.
- Silver Mountain Vineyards is holding Saturday hours (12-3pm) for both its tasting rooms, Santa Cruz and Los Gatos, to buy and pick up wine. Also, they are continuing the “Irish Green Sale” for five wines including 2015 Chardonnay, Tondré, and 2011 Pinot Noir, Tondré. Call (408) 353-2278 or visit http://www.silvermtn.com.
- VinoCruz wine bar, which recently added takeout food options including: Cheese & Charcuterie plates, Red Pepper Hummus w/ Pita, Olives, Toasted Nuts, and Take & Bake Flatbread Pizzas (call ahead to order), just expanded its hours. Formerly open four days a week with limited hours, it’s now open daily from 12-7pm for takeout and delivery (for the latter, restrictions apply). A limited food menu is available all day, with a full menu from 4-7pm. Wine, beer, and cider are available in bottles, to-go cups, growlers, and more, 831-426-8466, https://vinocruz.com/
- Wrights Station Vineyard & Winery has complimentary shipping with any 2 bottle or more purchase, and 25% off any four bottles or more. Pick up can be arranged at the winery by appointment, 408-560-9343, wrightsstation.com
Local vendors offering fresh fish for delivery include H&H Fresh Fish and Ocean2Table.
- H&H’s weekly subscription program: choose between one or two meals and pause subscriptions when you need to. See hhfreshfish.com/community-supported-fishery. Also, they have a retail shop at 493 Lake Ave. (below Johnny’s Harborside) open 10am-5pm daily except Mondays.
- Ocean2Table: order seafood to be delivered as frequently or rarely as you choose. They have expanded so that people can add limited amounts of local vendors’ eggs, chicken, and produce to their fish delivery. See getocean2table.com.
Miscellaneous & Farms
- Blossom’s Farmstore and Coffeeshop offers curbside pickup of select local, organic food items and health products. They also offer pickup at the four Santa Cruz area farmers markets they participate in, or delivery (for a fee) for Aptos, Corralitos and Watsonville residents. See https://app.barn2door.com/e/9jx6Q/all. The shop, at 2904 Freedom Blvd. (Watsonville/Corralitos), is open 8am-5 pm Tues-Sat and 8 am-4pm Sun (closed Mon). Products at the farm store include fresh, organic veggies and fruit from their own and other local farms; Dirty Girl Tomato sauce; fresh bread, seasonal homemade soups, salads and frittatas; Kombucha; coffee, and organic and biodynamically grown tea. They also carry immune system boosting herbal supplements and probiotics/ferments, essential oil sprays and salves (antibacterial and anti-viral), and respiratory system healing tonics (all made from Blossom’s Farm herbs), 831-319-4048 or facebook.com/blossomsfarmstorecorralitos.
- Deke’s Market (334
7th Ave.), which includes In Mah Belly Deli, is open.
Order by phone at 831-476-5897. Hours are 8am-8pm Mon-Sat and
9am-7pm Sun. Visit https://www.facebook.com/dekesmarket/ or dekesmarket.com
- EatLocal.Farm is an online marketplace for local goods and offers pickups and deliveries every Wednesday and Thursday (this is recent; when they first launched it was just Wednesdays). Customers buy seasonal produce and items from farms and vendors like Aptos Farm, Borba Family Farms, Fogline Farm, New Natives Nursery, and Wild Poppies Olive Oil. Visit https://eatlocal.farm/.
- Hakouya, makers of my favorite salad dressing (probiotic miso dressing, it’s good on salad, as a sauce for fish and more, dip for veggies, etc.) is temporarily offering free, local delivery of their products if you buy at least $30 worth. That miso dressing comes in two sizes: 11-ounce for $12, 8-ounce for $9. They sell handmade miso paste (red, white, barley, 250 grams) for $15 each, quick miso soup base for $15, and double fermented organic Soy Sauce Koji for $12. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order; see Hakouya.com to learn about products and browse recipes.
- Live Earth Farm offers “Grab and Go” boxes (produce is pre-selected) at their farmers’ market booths—these include the downtown market on Wednesdays and Westside on Saturdays. The booths have a separate line for people buying boxes only. Contents change each week depending on availability.
- Love Cultivated has several Spring Collection gift boxes including one with homemade jams and marmalades (others contain soaps, etc.) If you buy one in April or May, they will donate a gift bag to a heroic community member (essential workers who put themselves at risk to help—medical workers, custodians, postal carriers, grocery store workers, and delivery drivers—they are taking nominees if you know someone). As always, they are donating 5% of sales (not just gift box proceeds) to the Center for Farmworker Families. Visit www.love-cultivated.com. Interested in supporting Center for Farmworker Families? They are doing a fundraising drive for grocery gift cards for farmworkers as the regular April supply distribution was cancelled. Donate at farmworkerfamily.org/donate.
- Mariquita Farm offers weekly Tuesday pickup options for its “Mystery Boxes” filled with fresh produce grown at its Watsonville farm. In the past, these have featured French breakfast radishes, green garlic, purple Sicilian artichokes, Meyer lemons, and Spring onions. Possibly coming soon: basil, summer squash, and tomatoes.
Local areas for pickup include Santa Cruz, Seabright, and Soquel. For more information, call 831-840-9491 or email email@example.com. Also see https://mariquita.com/events/BuyingClub.html
- Mutari Chocolate (504A Front St.) is open for delivery and pickup Wednesday-Sunday noon-6 pm; visit mutarichocolate.com and check their Instagram @mutarichocolate for promotions/discounts and special popups
- Santa Cruz Fun Foods (on Instagram @santacruzfunfoods, or at www.santacruzfunfoods.com) now delivers amusement park treats) made by Whiting’s Foods (they’ve been doing Boardwalk food concessions for many years. Treats are delivered by Grubhub and DoorDash, and selections include churros, kettle corn, chocolate dipped frozen bananas, Dippin’ Dots and cotton candy.
- Sushi Market Sprouts: open 12-6pm Tues-Sat, the store (300 7th Ave.)—run by the same family that runs Kaito Restaurant—carries prepared packaged sushi & a few Japanese groceries & housewares, also refrigerated miso dressing from Hakouya, https://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-market-sprouts-santa-cruz
- Toque Blanche: the store (1527 Pacific Ave) has hours of 11am-6pm daily. You can shop in person (maintaining a six-foot distance from other shoppers and staff) or place an order by phone (with curbside pickup), or order online. Contact 831-426-1351, and visit https://www.mytoque.com/pages/toque-blanche-and-the-coronavirus
- The Vitamin Center in Capitola (1955 B-6 41st Ave., http://www.goaskjack.com/) is taking phone orders and offering curbside pickup. Call 831-462-4697; hours are 10am-6pm Mon-Fri and 10am-5pm Sat.
Follow me on: